Donovan Covers

I have liked Donovan for a while. I wasn't a huge-normous fan, but I liked his stuff. I had a couple of albums including the Greatest Hits, but didn't collect everything. I really enjoyed when other people covered him. Kate Bush, who I do collect meticulously, had her rare cover of him. So that was my first pick. Brix E. Smith, who I also collect, has a great cover. And lo and behold Butthole Surfers have a great cover of the same song. So I had to allow for doubles. There are a few. But the Dickies isn't one of them. I've seen them live many times. Never once did I see them play this song. Too bad. At least I got to hear my other favorites. Only one song is not really a cover. You'll figure it out. I hope you enjoy these all. The cover caricature of Donovan was not done by me. Can't tell you who. Don't know. But I liked it.

Donovan Covers

01 Stephen Stills & Al Kooper - Season of the Witch
02 Butthole Surfers - The Hurdy Gurdy Man
03 Claudine Longet - Catch The Wind
04 Spiders & Snakes - Mellow Yellow
05 Deep Purple - Lalena
06 Marilyn Manson - Mellow Yellow
07 Donovan & Jeff Beck - Goo Goo Barabajagal (Love Is Hot)
08 Kate Bush - Lord Of The Reedy River
09 October Cherries - Barabajagal
10 David Rose - Wear Your Love Like Heaven, Workin' on a Groovy Thing
11 Vanilla Fudge - Season of the Witch
12 Posies - The River Song
13 The Flaming Lips - Atlantis
14 The Standells - Sunshine Superman
15 The Sandpipers - Jennifer Juniper
16 Mel Tormé - Sunshine Superman
17 Brix Smith - Hurdy Gurdy Man
18 The Dickies - Epistle To Dippy

2 comments:

  1. There is also a cover of Hurdy Gurdy Man by Steve Hillage in his second album "L"

    ReplyDelete