Funky Disco (Leopard) 3

I've done a few of these Funky Disco (Leopard) picks already and I hope you realize how much I like them. I grew up in the disco era and I always was a funk fan, so getting the two together is just bonus time for me. Several funk bands made disco tunes to get more airplay on both radio and clubs. I'm always surprised that people hate or love this genre. Fusing funk with disco or vice versa,  just makes so much sense to me. Later they fused disco with punk and new wave and industrial. I like them all. Notice a few things about this pick. Some are disco bands and some are funk bands. And all have done both. Remember that the Praxis track has nothing to do with the Bill Laswell associated band Praxis. That came later than this one and was much harder than this seventies band. Please leave a comment with a funk/disco track that I haven't used yet that you really like.

Funky Disco (Leopard) 3

33 Parlet - No Rump To Bump
34 Gap Band - Oops Up Side Your Head
35 B.T. Express - Do It (Till Your Satisfied)
36 Con Funk Shun - Confunkshunizeya
37 Rose Royce - It Makes You Feel Like Dancin'
38 The Bar-Kays - Shake Your Rump To The Funk
39 Chocolate Milk - Blue Jeans
40 Slave - Slide
41 Instant Funk - Slap Slap Lickedy Lap
42 Praxis - Funk 'N' Roll (Dancin' In the Funkshine)
43 Brass Construction - Movin'
44 Cameo - I Like It
45 Midnight Star - No Parking on the Dance Floor
46 Earth Wind & Fire - Let's Groove

No comments:

Post a Comment