Mercedes De Milo 1

In the 80's a girl made a cassette for me. She used some music her older brother had and put together a C60 and gave it to me. She named it after this mannequin I owned. Eventually I redid it with an extra 10 minutes or so, to make it full CD length. Using the same criteria. Adding songs that I liked. This pick grew over the years until I had three volumes. This is the very first one. The pick includes 80 new wave and oldies that fit the feel and flavor. Over the time we were together she made quite a few cassettes for me that I still have. I've re configured them as CD's and now mp3 playlists and they are still cool. This was my first exposure to some of these songs. I knew some of the bands, but not all the songs at that time. Now it's hard to imagine not knowing everything from some of these artists. And yes, the cover is from a picture of the real Mercedes de Milo. No, the relationship did not end well, but she had some of the coolest cassettes ever. 

Mercedes De Milo 1

01 Missing Persons - Words
02 Plimsouls - Now
03 Danny And The Juniors - At The Hop
04 Humans - Get You Tonight
05 Human Sexual Response - Cool Jerk
06 Dexy's Midnight Runners - Seven Days Too Long
07 Squeeze - Piccadilly
08 Suburban Lawns - Janitor
09 Fleshtones - I've Gotta Change My Life
10 The Undertones - Tearproof
11 Elvis Costello - Mystery Dance
12 Josie Cotton - Johnny, Are You Queer
13 The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
14 20-20 - The Night I Heard A Scream
15 Humans - I Live in the City
16 Paul Collins' Beat - It's Just A Matter Of Time
17 Yachts - Now I'm Spoken For
18 Jules and the Polar Bears - Good Reason
19 Plimsouls - Zero Hour
20 Fay Ray - Modern Lovers
21 Elektrics - Pretty Plastic
22 Fabulous Poodles - Mirror Star
23 The Only Ones - Another Girl, Another Planet

No comments:

Post a Comment