Ednah Holt & Lynn Mabry Pick

Ok this pick is kind of different and I'll tell you why. I was rewatching the Talking Heads movie Stop Making Sense and enjoying how much fun they were having on stage. So I looked up who the background singers were. I already knew all of the other musicians and most of their family connections. For example I have a great Bernie Worrell pick that I still need to post on this site. And wow, both of them have a great list of people they played with as well as their own projects. Ednah Holt, for instance, played on her own and with Starluv. And she was in The Ritchie Family. Lynn Mabry sang with Sly Stone, Parliament-Funkadelic, Brides of Funkenstein, George Michael and ended up being in business with Sheila E. This list just scratches the surface of who they toured with, but even Stevie Nicks is on the list. Anyway here is my pick of the beginning of your search. Starting with a Stop Making Sense track .They really do look like they are having fun in the movie. And yet it doesn't look like they sang together anywhere else but there.

Ednah Holt & Lynn Mabry Pick

01 Talking Heads - Slippery People
02 Ednah Holt - Serious, Sirius, Space Party
03 The Brides Of Funkenstein - Disco To Go
04 Ednah Holt & Starluv - People Come Dance
05 Ritchie Family - I Feel Disco Good
06 Sheila E. - Heaven
07 Fred Wesley And The Horny Horns featuring Maceo Parker - Four Play
08 Angela Bofill - Angel Of The Night
09 Luther Vandross - If I Had A Hammer
10 Junie Morrison - Love Has Taken Me Over (Be My Baby)
11 Eric Clapton - Run Back To Your Side
12 Funkadelic - One Nation Under a Groove
13 George Michael & Elton John - Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me
14 Bryan Ferry - Slave To Love
15 Eddie Hazel - California Dreamin'

No comments:

Post a Comment