Allee Willis Pick

Allee Willis is a Grammy award winning songwriter most known for her writing the Theme Song for Friends and Earth, Wind & Fire's Boogie Wonderland. She wrote a ton of other songs that you've probably heard, but didn't know she has a hand in. Here are a few of my picks of her's. She also wrote scripts for Broadway musicals, directed videos for Debby Harry, The Cars, etc. All around renaisance woman. I frankly had never heard of her but her name appears on all these songs, so you end up knowing who she is. She definitely knew music. Not a person I would have wanted to hang out with, but she probably wouldn't have wanted to hang out with me either. Oh well. I like September. And anything Fishbone does

Allee Willis Pick

01 Herbie Hancock - Trust Me
02 Toto - The Little Things
03 Joe 'Bean' Eposito - You're The Best
04 Rembrandts - I'll Be There For You
05 Cyndi Lauper - That's What I Think
06 Pointer Sisters - Neutron Dance
07 Patti Labelle - Stir It Up
08 Deborah Harry - Stability
09 Level 42 - Micro Kid
10 Pet Shop Boys - What Have I Done To Deserve This (With Dusty Springfield)
11 Herbie Hancock - Come Running To Me
12 Sheena Easton - If It's Meant To Last
13 Pablo Cruise - I Want You Tonight
14 Earth, Wind & Fire - September
15 Fishbone - Where'd You Get Those Pants
16 Earth, Wind & Fire - Boogie Wonderland
17 Maxine Nightingale - Lead Me On
18 Stanley Clarke & George Duke - Touch And Go

No comments:

Post a Comment