I Have A Dream Connection (Martin Luther King songs)

We've been in some weird times lately. We have bigots screaming for racism in the schools, school boards asking for segregation and pointing fingers of white supremacy. We almost seem more divided today than when Dr. King was alive. But we aren't. In reality, Dr. King asked when we would see people by the color of their deeds rather than the color of their skin. I think once we get past the political rhetoric we are closer together than we ever have been. I'm proud to live in the only country who fought a war to stop slavery and has been progressing under Conservative views to become more and more a country where color of the skin means less than your actions. This connection is about songs inspired by and about Martin Luther King. Enjoy this What's The Connection? on his birthday January 15th.

I Have A Dream 

01 Ben Harper - Like A King
02 Neil Diamond - Dry Your Eyes
03 Beatles - Blackbird
04 King Dream Chorus & Holiday Crew - King Holiday
05 Marvin Gaye - Abraham, Martin & John
05 Scientist - Martin Luther King
06 Common featuring Will.i.am - I Have A Dream
07 Bruce Springsteen - We Shall Overcome
08 Nina Simone - Why (The King of Love Is Dead)
09 U2 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
10 Patty Griffin - Up To The Mountain (Mlk Song)
11 Paul Simon - So Beautiful Or So What
12 Elvis Presley - If I Can Dream
13 James Brown - Say It Loud (I'm Black And I'm Proud), Pt. 1
14 Stevie Wonder - Happy Birthday
15 The Speech - I Have A Dream
16 Queen - One Vision
18 Rascals - People Got To Be Free
19 Public Enemy - By The Time I Get To Arizona
20 U2 - MLK

No comments:

Post a Comment