Rap 8 (Ladies)

Continuing my Rap series, it's the pick of the Ladies. Now this is not later rap, but mostly the formative years. And one track is really not even Rap at all. It's more electro break beat or some kinda genre like that. But I included Lisa Lisa because she was definitely part of that Rap culture. I'm not even sure you will know all the songs/artists here unless you followed the genre from the beginning like I did. These are the tracks I knew and the artists that mattered to me. I have one track from Sha Rock (in Funky Four + 1). I have two tracks with Queen Latifah (and Monie Love). They are so great. The real Roxanne (Shante) is here and of course a bunch of hit makers from Florida's L'Trimm to Salt N Pepa who everyone now knows. The Salt N Pepa song I chose to add wasn't even on their album until they re-released it, but after Paul Cameron mixed it, you couldn't not hear it.

Rap 8 (Ladies) 

01 MC Lyte - Cold Rock A Party
02 Queen Latifah - U.N.I.T.Y.
03 Roxanne Shante - Roxanne's Revenge
04 The Sequence - Funk You Up
05 Funky Four + 1 - That's The Joint
06 Queen Latifah & Monie Love - Ladies First
07 Monie Love - It's A Shame (My Sister)
08 Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam - I Wonder If I Take You Home
09 Tanya (Sweet Tee) Winley - Vicious Rap
10 Lady B - To The Beat Y'all
11 Ms. Melodie - Roll On Over
12 Anquette - Janet Reno
13 Antoinette - Who's The Boss
14 L'Trimm - Cars with the Boom
15 Salt 'n Pepa - Push It
16 J.J. Fad - Supersonic
17 Missy Elliott - The Rain (Supa Dupa Fly)



1 comment: