Gracious Rock

This mixtape compilation is a pick of music that was inspired by my cousin, who happens to be visiting me right now from Belgium. Over the years he had set me on some paths of music. Way back when in the sevenites I was listening to some Art Rock and he was listening to early New Wave and some Punky New Wave. Think early Blondie. Not anything on this pick is exactly what he was listening to, but it is stuff that I listened to after hearing what he was listening to. If any of that makes any sense, I am surprised. So old and new it's just stuff that I thought of while remembering that transfer of mine. Called Gracious Rock because he has an unusual name (Jan Roel) and when I was looking up meanings of names, his can be translated to Gracious Rock (or Stone but rock works better for a compilation).

Gracious Rock

01 Blondie - Fragments
02 The White Stripes - Icky Thump
03 Boomtown Rats - She's So Modern
04 Bangles - Walk Like An Egyptian
05 Stranglers - Old Codger
06 Buzzcocks - Everybody's Happy Nowadays
07 Adult Net - Waking Up In The Sun
08 Missing Persons - Destination Unknown
09 Pixies - Here Comes Your Man
10 Split Enz - I Got You
11 Cars - Just What I Needed
12 Eurythmics - Would I Lie To You
13 Cyndi Lauper - She Bop
14 Shonen Knife - I Wanna Eat Choco Bars
15 Hoodoo Gurus - Leilani
16 Squeeze - Cool For Cats
17 XTC - Making Plans for Nigel
18 Wire - Mannequin
19 Go-Go's - We Got The Beat
20 Kim Wilde - Kids In America
21 Tubes - Talk To Ya Later
22 Pretenders - Brass In Pocket

No comments:

Post a Comment