Rap 7 (Gangsta)

I'm not sure if I like the moniker Gangsta. But that's what they call most of this stuff. I'm not sure I would. These are not the best songs or the most representative of the genre. But they are the tracks that led me on this path of Rap/Hip Hop. Frankly I think If you go back a couple of days to the Pre-Rap pick tracks, a few of those are not even close to be called Gangsta, but I'm sorry, everything by the Last Poets is Gangster. General Kane and School D here are what opened this pick up for me and then it had to be NWA. I played soccer at Compton in high school for a few tournaments. And lived not far from there when I was a kid. We moved to the Valley, but it's not that big of a drive. I felt a connection so had to collect all that stuff when it came out. The rest came from that. As for the soundtrack of Niggaz With Hats. It was brilliant. The Rap version of putting it on 11. Spinal Tap with Rappers.

Rap 7 (Gangsta)

01 Wu-Tang Clan - C.R.E.A.M.
02 Ice-T - 6 'n The Mornin'
03 Dr. Dre - Fuck Wit Dre Day (And Everybody's Celebratin')
04 2Pac - I Don't Give A Fuck
05 Snoop Dogg - Gin And Juice
06 50 Cent featuring Destiny's Child - Thug Love
07 Notorious B.I.G. - Juicy
08 NWA - Fuck Tha Police
09 Schooly D - P.S.K. What Does It Mean
10 DMX - Party Up (Up In Here)
11 NWA - Straight Outta Compton (Extended Mix)
12 Eazy E Featuring Ice Cube - No More Questions
13 Public Enemy - Fight The Power
14 N.W.H (Niggaz With Hats) - Fuck the Security Guards
15 Ice Cube - The Nigga Ya Love To Hate
16 General Kane - Crack Killed Applejack
17 Coolio - Gangsta's Paradise

No comments:

Post a Comment