Slipped My Disco 1 Connection

This will be a fun start to a several volume set of playlists with the connection of disco. But not just regular disco. These are all bands/artists that were not known as disco bands, but they did a disco song or disco album. I will post the other sets on future Saturday Nites. Some of the artists in the sets may have had their biggest hit with the disco song and for some it was their worst. You judge, not me. I like them all, but then again, I like disco. The album cover (click on it) is a snapshot of a local Bay Area TV station's regular disco dance party, so it's not from the seventies or eighties. Post a comment with your favorite disco song by a non-disco artist, maybe it is coming on one of the other picks.

Slipped My Disco vol 1

01 Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
02 George Benson - Give Me The Night
03 Rolling Stones - Miss You (dance version)
04 Frank Sinatra with Quincy Jones & Orchestra - L.A. Is My Lady
05 Rod Stewart - Do Ya Think I'm Sexy
06 Electric Light Orchestra - Don't Bring Me Down
07 Herbie Hancock - Saturday Night
08 Johnny Mathis - Gone Gone Gone
09 Cher - Take Me Home
10 George Duke - I Love You More
11 Chicago - Street Player
12 Dan Hartman - Free Ride
13 Dolly Parton - Baby I'm Burning
14 Beach Boys - Here Comes The Night (LA Version)
15 Barbra Streisand - The Main Event-Fight

3 comments:

  1. Hi Pol... I know you from over at BB's blog and am only realizing the great and fascinating things you are doing on your site here. Really superb! I am just getting started now but will thank you up front for your knowledgeable efforts and commitment to assembling the thematically varied collections I am seeing here.

    I appreciate your use of labels. It's a lot of extra work and it can be hard to be consistent... but it really pays off in the long run!! You may like to add the "disco" label to Volumes 2+3+4 of your "Slipped My Disco" series as I initially did not find them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by. BB has a great blog! I love it. Inspired me to get this one to be regular. I must have missed those volumes. I'll try to clean it up. I'm working on a new volume for that series. Need one or two to finish it up!

      Delete