Cut & Paste Connection

I've been fascinated by William S. Burroughs and Brion Gysin's cutup method. Burroughs applied it words and I followed the application to Laurie Anderson's amazing work. I got to meet her once, she was way cool and very nice. But off topic. I started to see it in a bunch of dance music. Once I got started I narrowed it down a bit and here's the end result. I like how some of these "bands" were one time knockoffs. As if they were ashamed of the music (or the message). Either way I like it. At least one of these tracks actually cuts up William S Burroughs! How cool. I'm sure there's more just like this. I'd love to hear your suggestions for what I left out.

Cut & Paste

01 New Pardesi Music Machine - Pump Up The Bhangra
02 Bonzo Goes To Washington - Five Minutes
03 The Jackofficers - Time Machines (Pt. 1)
04 Coldcut featuring Junior Reid - Stop This Crazy Thing
05 Limbomaniacs - Pavlov's Frothing Dogs
06 Art Of Noise - Beat Box (the first)
07 The JAMs - All You Need Is Love
08 Steinski & The Mass Media - The Motorcade Sped On
09 Coldcut - Say Kids What Time Is It
10 M.A.R.R.S. - Pump Up The Volume (12 inch Mix)
11 Bomb the Bass - Beat Dis (Extended Version)
12 Simon Harris - Bass (How Low Can You Go) (Bomb The House Mix)
13 Steinski - The Payoff Mix
14 Harry Enfield - Loadsamoney (Doin' Up the House)
15 S-Express - Theme from S-Express
16 Coldcut with Yazz & the Plastic Population - Doctorin' the House
17 Simon Harris - Here Comes That Sound
18 A Thousand Points Of Light - Read My Lips
19 2 Men A Drum Machine And A Trumpet - Tired Of Getting Pushed Around
20 Technotronic - Pump Up The Jam (Mixx It)
21 M.E.S.H. - Meet Every Situation Head On
22 Big Audio Dynamite - E=mc²
23 Eric B And Rakim - Paid In Full (7 Minutes Of Madness Coldcut Remix)
24 Grotus - Good Evening

As always, click on the album cover...

No comments:

Post a Comment