Rock, Freak, Boogie Connection

I grew up loving funk and disco. I like all kinds of music, but I have a soft spot for 70's disco and funk. When a band came out that sounded just like old classic disco (The Million Dollar Orchestra) with a title like Rock, Freak Boogie, I knew I had to come up with some of my favorite disco songs with rock, freak or boogie in the title. (I know. Die Antwoord isn't disco or Freak, but I like it anyway.) So that is the connection today. You get two volumes. It took a little, but I ended up adding volume two of this. Enjoy and click on the cover I designed. BTW, make sure you comment on your favorite Rock, Freak or Boogie songs.

Rock, Freak, Boogie

Volume 1

01 Rick James - Super Freak  (12 inch Mix)
02 Gwen McCrae - Rockin' Chair
03 George McCrae - Rock Your Baby
04 Silver Connection - Get Up and Boogie
05 Hues Corporation - Rock The Boat
06 KC & The Sunshine Band - I'm Your Boogie Man
07 Eddie Kendricks - Boogie Down
08 Jacksons - Blame It On The Boogie
09 Heatwave - Boogie Nights
10 Chic - Le Freak
11 GQ - Disco Nights (Rock-Freak)
12 A Taste of Honey - Boogie Oogie Oogie
13 The Million Dollar Orchestra - Rock Freak Boogie
14 Earth Wind & Fire - Boogie Wonderland
15 Nitelife Unlimited - Dance, Freak And Boogie
16 Sylvers - Boogie Fever
17 Claudja Barry - Boogie Woogie Dancin' Shoes

Volume 2

18 Dazz Band - Nasty Boogie
19 Earth, Wind & Fire - Rock It
20 T-Connection - Born To Boogie
21 Mandre - I Like Your Freaky Ways
22 Vaughan Mason & Crew - Bounce, Rock, Skate, Roll
23 Michael Jackson - Rock With You
24 The Whispers - Rock Steady
25 Jimmy Somerville - Freak
26 Midnight Star - Freak-A-Zoid (Remix Version)
27 Giorgio Moroder - I Wanna Rock You
28 Baccara - Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
29 Universal Robot Band - Disco Boogie Woman
30 Afrika Bambaataa & The Soulsonic Force - Planet Rock (Instrumental 12 inch version)
31 Earth, Wind & Fire - Rock That!
32 Die Antwoord - I Fink U Freeky

No comments:

Post a Comment