Beat This (RIYL Hoodoo Gurus Leilani)

 This is kind of a RIYL (Recommended If You Like) playlist. I put Hoodoo Gurus in the title, but really it may not have started with them. But it kind of doesn't matter with RIYL's because pick any song that you like and the rest should be a little matchie-matchie. It has to do with the drum sound. To me they all have a similar feel. I know they don't actually, but they all could easily follow another. The Adam and the Ants track was from a flexi disc, but the rest should be on one album or another. Although the Passengers does seem difficult to find outside of Australia. Anyway enjoy this one and by all means make some suggestions for a future volume. Not sure why, but I have always liked the cover. Simple.

Beat This

01 Hoodoo Gurus - Leilani
02 Multi Coloured Shades - Teen Sex Transfusion
03 Butthole Surfers - Dum Dum
04 The Cramps - Goo Goo Muck
05 Elvis Costello & the Attractions - Pump It Up
06 Iggy Pop - Lust For Life
07 Godfathers - This Damn Nation
08 Billy Idol - Mony Mony
09 Bow Wow Wow - I Want Candy
10 Go Go's - Our Lips Are Sealed
11 Josie Cotton - Johnny, Are You Queer
12 The Pandoras - In And Out Of My Life (In A Day)
13 Passengers - Girlfriend's Boyfriend
14 Bongos - Space Jungle
15 Fleshtones - I've Gotta Change My Life
16 Jules and the Polar Bears - Good Reason
17 Adam and the Ants - A.N.T.S.
18 Modern Lovers - Roadrunner
19 Soft Boys - Give It To The Soft Boys
20 Figures On A Beach - In Camera Obscura
21 Sweet - Ballroom Blitz

3 comments: