Throbbing Gristle Pick 2

A continuation of the Throbbing Gristle Pick from yesterday. Started because of a pick that Moozler Music did of Psychic TV. Made me think of this TG pick I had made, but hadn't posted yet. I love the tiki cover I made for this. And of course it is pink. One of my very favorite songs by TG is track 15 which is about a real murder that happened in the UK. Everything I've been able to figure out, is that everything they say in the song is real. It really happened that way. 

TG Pick 2

13 Throbbing Gristle - Hamburger Lady
14 Throbbing Gristle - Subhuman
15 Throbbing Gristle - Very Friendly
16 Throbbing Gristle - Adrenalin
17 Throbbing Gristle - United
18 Throbbing Gristle - Dead on Arrival
19 Throbbing Gristle - 20 Jazz Funk Greats
20 Throbbing Gristle - Distant Dreams (Part Two)
21 Throbbing Gristle - Almost A Kiss

3 comments:

  1. Great stuff across both these mixes. I remember finding a near mint original pressing of 20 Jazz Funk Greats in the dollar bin at a local record store. I picked it up of course and the cashier made snide comments about why would I want that, and its been there so long its dust was ruining the records next to it. Apparently no one knew at the store what a gem they had in their collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, I had no idea who or what Throbbing Gristle was when I first bought the 20 Jazz Funk Greats album. I just liked the cover. Then they ended up being one of my favorite bands of all time. Usually in my top ten for sure.

      Delete
  2. I later visited that area (Beachy Head) when I went on a trip to England. Those cliffs are amazing!

    ReplyDelete