Jim Peterik Family Pick

Before I started this pick, I had no idea who Jim Peterik was. I was looking up some stuff about the band Ides Of March. It led me to Survivor which intrigued me. Then I discovered that Jim had written songs for Cheap Tric, Sammy Hagar, 38 Special, Doobie Brothers and more. And not just the "extra" songs. Some of the hits as well. The more I looked, the more I found. He played in Chase, with World Stage and had solo stuff too. Here's a sampling of his work in case you didn't know it was him.

Jim Peterik Family Pick

01 Sammy Hagar - Heavy Metal
02 Survivor - Burning Heart
03 The Ides Of March - Vehicle
04 Chase - Boys And Girls Together
05 Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
06 Survivor - Is This Love
07 The Ides Of March - Superman
08 Cheap Trick - You're All I Wanna Do
09 Chase - Run Back To Mama
10 Survivor - The Search Is Over
11 38 Special - Hold On Loosely
12 38 Special - Rockin' Into The Night
13 REO Speedwagon - Dangerous Combination
14 38 Special - Caught Up In You
15 Jim Peterik - Don't Fight The Feeling
16 Doobie Brothers - Divided Highway
17 Jim Peterik & World Stage featuring Dennis Deyoung - Proof Of Heaven
18 Beach Boys - That's Why God Made The Radio

5 comments:

  1. Just saw this posted. Never saw a Peterik comp. Nice one!
    Known Jim long time and still catch up at least once a year.
    You only have The Ides Of March represented here for their signature song. Understandable, but if you enjoy 70s horn bands and don't already know, check out The Ides first two WB albums in their entirety. Vehicle (1970) and Common Bond (1971). Guaranteed that you will not be disappointed for your effort.
    Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had not noticed that The Ides "Superman" is also here.. cool! That one, from the second album, was supposed to be the follow-up hit in the same vein as "Vehicle" but I believe "L.A. Goodbye" from the same album actually charted higher and got more airplay overall.

    ReplyDelete